[ale] BellSouth ADSL free (USB?) modem offer

Fulton Green me at FultonGreen.com
Mon Aug 7 16:15:49 EDT 2000

Having seen various BellSouth ADSL-related posts today ...

1) Has BS changed their official policy regarding Linux support? I saw
something about "NTS binaries", which seemed to imply that there's at least
passive support.

2) Even if there's no official support, will the USB modem (which is one piece
that the "free modem / free installation" offer hinges on) work under Linux,
even if it's with closed-source drivers? Or does anyone even know what the
make/model of the USB modem is?

I'm probably going to go with Telocity anyway, but I figured I'd at least
consider the options. Thanks.