[ale] Job Posting # A68001

Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu
Mon Aug 7 15:42:04 EDT 2000

Here is an ad for a position that we have open.  I'm one of the UNIX
administrators and just wanted to pass this along.  We have mostly Solaris
machines, but also have SGI, Linux, and IBM RS6000.  You'd get plenty of
exposure to all of them.  We've installed more Linux recently than Solaris
so maybe there's a trend.

If you're interested, please send your resume along with your salary
history and three professional references to hr at ipst.edu and reference job
# A68001.

=======
UNIX System Administrator/Network Administrator

The Institute of Paper Science and Technology (IPST) has an opening in it's
Information Technology Department for a UNIX System Administrator/Network
Administrator.  IPST is a private graduate non-profit research university
located on the Georgia Tech campus.

Qualified Candidates will have:
-BS Degree with five or more years of related experience or equivalent
-Experience in several of the following areas:
  +UNIX system support and administration including software and hardware
installation and maintenance.  Solaris administration preferred.
  +UNIX shell and Perl scripting for support of administrative duties
including backups and automation.
  +Web server support and application development.  CGI programming using
Perl and UNIX shell.
  +Ethernet network management including bridges, routers, firewalls etc.

No 24x7 support.  No on call support.  8x5 daytime duties only.  No travel
except to attend professional conferences.

IPST offers an excellent compensation package including a 2 for 1 matching
retirement plan and three weeks annual leave.

Please contact hr at ipst.edu and refer to Job # A68001.