[ale] KV, but not M...

Nicodemus raptor at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 2 13:02:05 EDT 2000

I'm running RedHat 5.2 on a P133 with a serial mouse and Windows 98 on
a PIII/550 with a PS/2 mouse.  I have a 4-port KVM switch that I'm
using and everything works fine except for the mouse.

I have a Logitech Trackball that runs fine for the Windows machine,
but I can't get it to work with my Linux box.  I've tried running
mouseconfig and selecting a variety of different types and nothing has
worked.  It's not that big a deal having to use two mice.  The main
reason for the KVM was the keyboard and monitor, but it sure would be
nice to use the trackball I'm in love with on my Linux box.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can remedy this situation?

Thanks,

Nicodemus