[ale] So many choices....

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Sep 30 10:43:30 EDT 1999

Hi all,

I'm starting to amass a large amount of data, and I'd like to create a db to
hold it since my current solution of papers stuffed in lab notebooks doesn't
really scale ;-).  The size probably won't get that insane--maybe 900 rows,
600 columns, each cell ~500 chars for the main table.

The relationships between my data points aren't that complex, so I don't
need ACEDB or anything like that.  I'm mainly just planning on storing the
data, obviously, and then doing the usual PHP -> web with some of it, so I
was thinking either MySQL or PostgresQL.  Anyone want to comment on the
relative merits of those two (ie, why I would choose one over the other)?
Any other suggestions?

thanks,
chris

--