[ale] Oh my..

Chris Kilroy kilroyc at ufl.edu
Mon Sep 27 21:17:14 EDT 1999

it's pretty funny actually.  hmmm i wonder what the daemons will
be called....the sad thing is that daemon doesn't even mean an
"evil spirit" or similar concept.  it's existence as a concept
predates christianity --- quoting from Frisch's "Essential System
Administration"

Daemon is an Ancient Greek word meaning 'divinity'.  more
recently, the poet Yeats wrote at length about daemons, defining
them as that which we continually struggle against yet
paradoxically need in order to survive, simultaneously the source
of our pain and of our strength, even in some sense, the very
essence of our being.  For Yeats, the daemon is "of all things
not impossible the most difficult". [ 45 ]

so anyway, i'm waiting for Buddix, Mohammedix, Daoix.....

he he he

take it easy
chris