[ale] more on the IP/MASQ question, need help

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Fri Sep 24 11:12:04 EDT 1999

Jim Kinney wrote:

> A correction for the ipchains line below: ${CABLE_IP} should be eth0
> There is no need to rerun the ipchains script. It uses the net device not
> the ip address.

You are right. However, you may need to rerun the ipchains script if
you have any rules that refer to the cable IP address in source or
destination specifiers.

-- Joe

> On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Joe Knapka wrote:
>
> > Got it. See below.
> > Try:
> > ipchains -F forward -j MASQ -i ${CABLE_IP} -s 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0 -d
> > 0.0.0.0/0

-- Joe Knapka
* I speak only for myself, not for these idiots:
* The Software Monastery - "Better Software Through Divine
* Intervention." Source-code prayer vigils available - nominal
* donation $0.01/LOC. http://whyme.penguinpowered.com/monastery.html