[ale] more on the IP/MASQ question, need help

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Thu Sep 23 14:56:47 EDT 1999

You have, of course, invoked the magical incantation known
as "Rusty's 3-line Guide to IP Masquerading" from the
IP-Masq HOWTO, correct? Including the all-important
"echo 1 > .../ip_forward"? And you have set all the Windows
machines to use the Linux box as their gateway?

-- Joe

jj at spiderentertainment.com wrote:

> Ok, I give up, please help.
> This is what I got so far:
>
> 2 machines are windows, 1 is linux RH6.0(just installed)
>
> Linux:
> it has 2 network cards, both are working perfectly.
> Eth0 is connected to a cable modem via RJ45.
> Eth1 is connected to the other two windows machines via coaxal cable.
>
> Windows machines: work perfectly, they talk to linux(ping, telnet, etc)
>
> >From windows I can ping eth0 and eth1 but I can not seem to go outside, I
> can not ping anything on the net.
>
> Can ya help ?
>
> Thank you.

-- Joe Knapka
* I speak only for myself, not for these idiots:
* The Software Monastery - "Better Software Through Divine
* Intervention." Source-code prayer vigils available - nominal
* donation $0.01/LOC. http://whyme.penguinpowered.com/monastery.html