[ale] File system problems.

JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM
Tue Sep 21 12:29:41 EDT 1999

I have experience with installing RedHat on AlphaStation 200's. I don't know
how different the two systems are but I am willing to give you a hand. What
are the "problems with the root file system"? Please be as detailed as
possible. Also, in the meantime check out this webpage I did about
installing RH on AS200's. Maybe there is some info there you can use

http://www.tqlabs.com/Tech

-----Original Message-----
 From: Silveira, Damien [mailto:Damien.Silveira at EmergingSolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 11:36 AM
To: 'ale at ale.org'
Subject: [ale] File system problems.

I have a Dec Multia Alpha 166.  I have installed RH Linux 6.0 2x now and
at the completion of the install even with verifing the hd after format,
I have problems with my root file system.  Does anyone know if this is a
file system problem or a kernel problem.  I gave up on installing last
week and just reinstalled NT Server and no hd problems were detected at
all.  Anyone have a Multia and RH6.0???  I would love to speak to
someone who has acutally done this on this hardware.

Damien