[ale] Huge number of PPP connections

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Sep 18 10:24:24 EDT 1999

> Do you have more details on this?  Last I knew, most of the servers at
> MindSpring run either Suns running Solaris, or Alphas running DecUnix,
> and there wasn't a lot of Linux usage.

To my understanding, many of the MindSpring employees that do not do customer
support for their standard dialup accounts use Linux on their desktops. I know
a person in Web Support that uses it on her desktop and a couple of other guys
that use it as well. However, to my knowledge, MindSpring does not use Linux at
all for any company critical servers. That's just a rumor.

Vernard
Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable   Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)
Lightness has a call that's hard to hear  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
---Come to the Atlanta Linux Showcase Oct. 12-16 http://www.linuxshowcase.org---