[ale] CPU temp sensing

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Mon Sep 13 17:34:43 EDT 1999

Hey folks,

I have just installed a nice new Tyan 1590 motherboard
(Socket7, VIA chipset), and I would like to be able to
monitor CPU temperature. Anybody done that on this board?
I have tried the lm_sensors package, but it doesn't
detect any SMbus devices when I run sensors_detect.
Possibly there is some BIOS option I need to change?

Thanks in advance,

-- Joe

-- Joe Knapka
* I speak only for myself, not for these idiots:
* The Software Monastery - "Better Software Through Divine
* Intervention." Source-code prayer vigils available - nominal
* donation $0.01/LOC. http://whyme.penguinpowered.com/monastery.html