[ale] Slackware to CD

Gary S. MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Tue Sep 7 09:38:43 EDT 1999

Well, hind site is always 20/20 they say. I've just downloaded the entire
Slackware-4.0 directory. Yes, all 900+ megs of it on a 56k modem. (It took
almost 5 days!) I wanted to abort it but as it keep going, it became a
challenge to see how far it would go!

	Anyway, I went to burn a CD so I can install it, and realized that
the Adaptec Ez-cd software will burn an ISO9660 disc, but only with 8.3
filenames. If I set it to Joliet, it will use the long filenames, but I
doubt that Linux will read it right at install time. Now what do I do?

I'm going to try to mount it via NFS so I can finish the install, but I
would like to get this onto a CD somehow. Any ideas?

- Gary

Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554
Milan, OH  44846-0554