[ale] StarOffice

Michael Hirsch hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Sep 1 09:17:38 EDT 1999

MetroBoy <metroboy at sprynet.com> writes:

> M$ BloatWare 97 & 2000 are now obsolete.  Sun has acquired StarOffice
> and is making it available for free.  It will soon be open source and
> cross-platform with Java APIs.  Let's hope they succeed where Corel
> failed.
>
> http://www.sun.com/products/staroffice

Has anyone managed to get a copy that they'd like to put up for
download?  If it is really an open license then that should be legal.
Their server is totally overloaded.

I'm in an office with Windows people and I'd love to have it running.
They keep complaining about having to send me text copy.

--
--Michael