[ale] No printer daemon

Paul Fisher fisherp at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 29 18:08:46 EDT 1999

With great trouble I found the conf.modules. Could only open it with
utitlities text viewer and I think I found the problem. There are two
sentences in the file:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
pre-install pcmcia_core/etc./rc.d/init.d/pcmcia.start

Isn't pcmcia for laptops? I don't have a laptop. I made sure I didn't
load any of it. I just double checked the startup files  and pcmcia and
portmap are unchecked.

Should I just delete this "pre-install pcmcia....." sentence?

Paul