[ale] ISPs: Now It's My Turn!

Dan Mount dan at desktopconnection.net
Tue Oct 26 22:03:10 EDT 1999

I have ADSL from Bellsouth and use DynDns.com for Dynamic Dns Service. I
recently figured out that dynamic dns is ok, but I wanted static Ips, so I
ordered a SDSL line from Cais Internet (http://www.cais.com/). It really
depends on what you want to do. If you have just one domain and want
access.. ADSL works well, partnered with a dynamic domain service it works
well... My machine is up 24x7 (except for power outages) and I rarely see an
ip change. I decided to order the SDSL line to get the static ip addresses.
I'm gonna work it with ADSL to surf on and a SDSL 192Kb link to host on....
Bellsouth is not Linux friendly, but that's not enough to stop you from
using Linux. Just have a Windows machine handy for the install... Then
switch to linux....