[ale] Resources in executables

Dunlap, Randy randy.dunlap at intel.com
Thu Oct 21 10:52:31 EDT 1999

Hi,

I'm no expert on this.  It sounds like you are trying
to port a commercial Win app. to Linux and want to do
it well.  Maybe someone else who has done what you are
trying to do will give you some good advice.

My advice is to check out the File Hierarchy Standard
(http://www.pathname.com/fhs/) and the in-development
Linux Standard Base (http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/ and
http://www.linuxbase.org/cu/ ).

There is also a LSB-FHS test suite
(http://www.opengroup.org/testing/lsb-fhs/)
and some talks about LSB at
http://www.linuxbase.org/talks/ .

I don't know how far they have actually gotten with it,
but the plan is to answer some of your types of
questions as far as directory structures and file
locations.

~Randy