[ale] remote shutdown

jj at spiderentertainment.com jj at spiderentertainment.com
Mon Oct 18 11:58:10 EDT 1999

I have a small machine at home RH6 that is doing ip_masq. And my sister
in law wants to use the internet from her computer. She knows how to
turn on the linux box but she does not know how to shut it down. I
personally run the halt command which shutsdown and turns off the
machine. I need a solution that will do just that, where she clicks on
her desktop(Win98) and it rsh the halt command, any ideas ?

BTW: I have a small hard disk in this machine that is getting corrupted,
I'm looking for a kernel that will do IP_MASQ and can be booted from
floppy, I looked at the devel project, but it does not say anything
about ip_masq. Can I build such kernel ... ? I'll try tonight but any
pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,