[ale] another CD-RW question

Jim Kinney jkinney at teller.physics.emory.edu
Thu Oct 14 20:48:32 EDT 1999

ATAPI CD-RW works after a kernel recompile. Turn off normal ATAPI CD and
use the generic scsi instead. You could use both as modules and load in
the ATAPI for reading only, the scsi for writing. I'm too lazy for that.
Use the generic scsi and watch your dmesg on boot up. It will most likely
show up as /dev/scd0. Make a link to that from /dev/cdrom and load up
xcdroast an cdrecord (or is it cdwrite, I forget). Happy burning!