[ale] 100mbit cards

Ken Kennedy kenzoid at io.com
Thu Oct 14 10:57:38 EDT 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 cfowler at zfh-csg.penguinpowered.com wrote:

> I'm lookign at the HCH on Redhat's website and it seems very
> vague on 100mbit cards.  What 100mbit cards are being used in
> linux and work fine.  I need cards that can be bought now.  I
> can not seem to find and 3c595' at CDW.

Chris,

I use the 3com 3c905B-TX, and it works fine. Use the 3c59x driver/module
...for a list of cards and drivers, check out:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO-12.html

Anything that's listed here will work on any "standard" distribution, like
RedHat. I happen to use Debian, but it's not an issue. These are standard
kernel modules.

Good luck!

Ken