[ale] Networking RedHat/Win98

Ray Knight ray.knight at e-certify.com
Fri Oct 8 12:31:21 EDT 1999

Mike,
	If you follow the instructions at
http://www.linksys.com/support/solution/nos/linux_lne100tx.htm you should
not have any problems getting the Linksys LNE100TXC card to work with Linux.
The key to success is right at the top of the page.

NOTE If you have the new LNE100TX
     Version 2 with Wake On Lan Support, You
     will need to use the driver provided on
     disk 2 in the linux directory.

The driver you need is provided by Linksys on the Disk 2 of the driver
diskettes provided in the retail packaging.  I am using this exact card with
Mandrake 6.0 which is based on the RedHat distribution.  The above page also
has links to installing on RedHat 6.0  If you are using 6.1 there should be
very minimal differences in the kernel source tree layout and the 6.0
directions should be adequate. You could also follow the instructions for
Recompile Module Method located about halfway down the above page.

I believe that Linksys has one of the most thorough Linux Support pages of
any network adapter vendor.

Ray Knight
Sr. Software Engineer
E-Certify (formerly ClientLink)