[ale] Disable PnP BIOS for Linux?

Mike Nolan mdnolan at concentric.net
Wed Oct 6 08:36:19 EDT 1999

Thanks Clay, I thought I was losing my mind.  I just checked the screen
again and that option IS NOT THERE!!!  ?

The board is only a few weeks old so I'd assume that it's a pretty fresh
version.  It's a DFI board, highly recommended by a guy who put's these
exact systems together for Linux everyday.

Clay Lawrence wrote:
>That's the same bios I have, except mine says Award Modular Bios
>v4.51PG.

Yes that's on the top line when it first boots.

>In the PNP/PCI Configuration screen the first option on the
>left is "PNP OS installed", yes or no.

I swear, this option is not there.

>Following this are the same
>options that you have. I also noted when mine booted that it said,
>"Award Plug and Play ext v1.0A" installed even though I have PNP set to
>no.

It says this too.