[ale] What do you do with a iso-md5sum file?

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Tue Nov 30 06:58:17 EST 1999

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, THE_BIGDOG wrote:

> Ok, I have the ISO image of Mandrake 6.1 and the  ios_md5sum file. How
> do you use/ what do you do with, the iso-md5sum file that makes it check
> the ISO image to see if you got it all?      This from the mandrake
> page: "The file "iso-md5sum" is only needed for binary integrity
> checking."  << They don't tell you how to use that file.  Yes, I'm a
> newbie.

First, cat the iso-md5sum file to make sure that the file name referenced
therein is the same as the file name of the file you are checking, i.e.
nobody changed the file name.

Next, type this:

	md5sum -c iso-md5sum

This will tell you if the file has been altered in any way.

Hope that helps.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
Don't Steal - The government hates competition.