[ale] Blocking ad sites with ipchains

smn smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Mon Nov 29 20:20:39 EST 1999

Basically, the pictures aren't loaded.

However, if a web site sites behind a domain (or IP address) I've
blocked then I can't get to it.  There is no nasty message until the
page times out.  But if you are careful then you can successfully block
the larger ad servers.

I originally saw this syntax in a HOW-TO, either firewall or ipchains
(but I couldn't find it mentioned recently in these docs!).

- Scott