[ale] good Linux machine/parts

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at dvsg.sciatl.com
Mon Nov 29 12:55:22 EST 1999

Hello all,

I'm expecting a bit of a windfall (deposits coming back), and I plan to
finally buy a reasoably modern machine for my Linux box at home.  What
I'd like to find out is - does anybody have a decent list of what hardware
is both reasonable current and supported?  I know that I can hit the LDP
pages and thresh out video cards, NICs, sound cards, etc - I'm looking
for the lazy way out.

I plan for it to be a general-use machine - firewall for my home network,
some Java experimentation, light program development, but enough heft
to serve as a home server and/or real development box.

TIA,

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |