[ale] RH5.2 -> 6.1

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 27 20:45:51 EST 1999

I have heard of people trying to do this before and I think it is a
bad idea.  The reason why I think that is because there is one library
(glibc)that all programs link into that for (some reason) the
developers keep  making incompatible with prior releases.  They did
this between libc5 and glibc 2, and they did it again with glibc2.1.
When you get around to installing that library, your netscape and
window maker will work, and a lot of other stuff is going to break.

Also, when the redhat install disks run, they are not running from the
libraries they are installing, which will eventually make a big
difference...

-Eric.