[ale] samba conf

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Fri Nov 19 14:15:19 EST 1999

Don't give up yet! Samba is a great product. For user access, did you enable
encrypted passwords on the linux box? (recommended) If not, did you turn off
encrypted passwords on the Winbloze box? (not recommended). It's complaining
"User unknown", not "Password invalid", so What username are you logging into
winbloze with? If you are not sure, go to the c:\windows directory and delete
all *.pwl files and reboot. It will ask for a username/password to login
again. This time use something that you have already setup in samba.

	As for the second hard drive, you can NOT have more than one '/' (root)
partition in a *nix system, so mount the new drive as "/public" or "/shared"
or something like that. Then setup samba to share that partition.

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554