[ale] php4

Randy Janinda randy.janinda at ndcorp.com
Wed Nov 17 09:38:25 EST 1999

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 11:08:49PM -0500, Philip Rodgers wrote:
> I am having a terrible time getting php4 to run on my redhat box.  I have
> compiled Apache and Php from source according to the instructions but still
> am not able to parse php files.  The source shows up in the browser.  I have
> check httpd -l and I have the php module in there.  my httpd.conf is correct if
> the instructions are correct I think.  If anyone knows of a good source for
> install help with php let me know.  Thanks --

I don't use PHP so take this with a grain:

This usually happens when Apache doesn't recognize the file as something to execute instead of just viewing.
This is fixed a number of ways:
1) ScriptAlias each directory that has scripts in it & then do AddType your-appliucation .extension
or
2) AddHandler file-type .extension

and of course make sure the file is chmod +x'ed.

--Randy