[ale] BellSouth ADSL Slow fixed

Cade Thacker cadethacker at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 02:05:49 EST 1999

I wish that I had a good answer to what fixed it.  It was 5:30 am and it
needed to be up my 8:00 am so I scraped it loaded win98 and Jana Proxy and
let it stand for the day.  Came in this aternoon, reloaded a fresh install
of RH6.1 as the only OS on the box. Before I did anything to the box(ie
clean up kernal), I tried the ADSL and dang if it did not work right off the
bat.  Once the load was finished, I was up and cruising the net in about 2
minutes.  Spent the rest of the night with a friend who know linux a
lot(stress lot) better than I do, setting up DHCP, ssh, and security.
Thanks for advice everybody who contributed.

Thanks again,
Cade