[ale] Bellsouth ADSL very slow

No One mainwizard at vei.net
Tue Nov 16 17:50:39 EST 1999

I checked on the HellSouth ADSL services and was very leery of signing up, just
because of the DHCP/MAC address issue. It's their way of trying to enforce the
'ADSL is for home use/1 user, browse only' paradigm. (sorry about the buzz
word:)).

I have decided on CAIS Internet SDSL instead. The monthly is more (99 vice 60)
but I get 8 static IP's, SMTP mail server support, pri and sec DNS and 2 hours
of wiring (if needed). It's only 192K both ways, but they are expecting me to
use *NIX and run web, news and mail servers. This service is designed for a
small business. I don't have one yet but will probably start hosting/ co-lo
soon.

It's also upgradeable to higher speeds. If anyone's interested, I'll post a
phone/email/URL.

Ed.