[ale] copying lps to cds

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Nov 15 11:18:12 EST 1999

Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> I don't think this is a question of "offense."  It's more of a question of
> what kind of support resource do we want the ALE listserv to be.

Okay, I lied, once more I feel a need to respond.  First of all I did
not want anyone to outline the whole process as to how to copy an audio
lp to a cd.  I was hoping for pointers to documents to assist me with
this process.  I thought my reference to copying lps to cds was specific
enough, and it was for some, I think.  I guess the question should have
been, 'how do I get my turntable to be the input device to my soundcard,
although that to me, doesn't cover the whole issue.

I don't think that copying lps to cds is really that 'basic' as Dilcher
put it, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.  How many folks have cd writers?

When I first joined the ALE list, I was one to post a question all to
quickly.  Primarily, because I wanted to get into Linux as quickly as I
could and although it may sound corny, I was really excited about it.  I
believe that since that time, I've resorted to researching these issues
better, before posting to the list.  Please, let me know in private
email if you think I still post questions I should be researching more.
If this is the case, I'll do what I need to do to address this issue.
I'm serious about that, let me know.  If the opinions of the individuals
lean one way or the other, I'll address my approach to this list.

I guess the main point is, if you feel someone should RTFM, try doing it
in such a way that it's not such a bloody insult.  All you're going to
do is chase people away, and I don't think that's what the list is here
for, or why the more knowledgable people are subscribed to the list.
Every now and then, I feel maybe I should unsubscribe, and have had this
feeling again after going through the recent diatribe.  Don't get me
wrong, that's not an "of poor me, someone's picking on me again"
attitude.  Point is, if it's not working for you, then you go somewhere
else. Although I probably ask more questions then I answer, I'd like to
think I've given something back, as we all should.

Whatever, too much thinking out loud I guess.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl