[ale] HOWTO->list tape contents after dump using restore ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at access1.net
Sun Nov 14 21:42:54 EST 1999

Greetings !

Sorry for posting what I assume to be a "simple/obvious" query, but I
can't figure it out.

First, I rewound the tape after dumping /,/usr/,/var, in that sequence.

Then, I tried......
	/sbin/rrestore 0auf user at machine:/dev/tape
which works for /.

Must I now reposition the tape to ls /usr, and again position for /var.
If so, how should this be successfully done ?

Then I tried.......
	/sbin/rrestore 0auf user at machine:/dev/tape /dev/usr
and all I got was the dir, i.e. /usr, w/o displaying the files therein.

The same goes for /var.

Thanks once more to all,

Courtney