[ale] copying lps to cds

Jeff Dilcher dilcher at cueva.com
Mon Nov 15 08:18:45 EST 1999

Sorry if I offended anyone.  I guess I am the type that likes to struggle
to solve my problem for a while before I ask anyone for help.  It is the
only way I have learned anything under Linux.  Plus, the time it takes to
write out a detailed answer to a simple question is re-inventing the
wheel, if it has already discussed and documented.

Recording a sound sample from an input source seems so basic, that my knee
jerk reaction is that someone didn't even attempt to figure it out on
their own.

I still think that struggling and flailing for a while are a good thing
when it comes to computers in general, and Linux in specific.  Best to
teach a person where to look for help, then to re-answer questions.  The
advice to RTFM is admittedly harsh, but perhaps for good reason. We are
all lazy, however, lets try to use the resources that those who aren't
lazy have spent their valuable time creating.

I have been told to RTFM before.  It was good advice to me, though painful
to my ego.