[ale] OT: Perl Question

Robert L. Harris nomad at rnd-consulting.com
Fri Nov 12 11:57:07 EST 1999

Ok,
  I'm writing a perl script that looks at files in specific directories.
At one point, I'm trying to grep file names out of an array.  I'm
using:

$Skip=grep(/$File/, at FileList);

Yes, I do want a scalar returned.  At any rate, there is a point
where $File="c++decl" and then I get this error:

//usr/bin/c++decl/: nested *?+ in regexp at ./wanderblock.pl line 170.

Anyone know a way around this?  Basically, all I need to know is if $File
is in @FileList, not it's position or anything else.

Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   "A person is smart;
Senior System Engineer          |        People are dumb, panicky
  R&D Consulting.               \_            dangerous animals"  - Agent K

http://www.rnd-consulting.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: