[ale] BellSouth and ADSL (again)...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Wed Nov 10 17:11:42 EST 1999

Ok folks,

	This is actually for someone who works at my office...

	Background...  My co-worker and his father have had some bets
about getting Linux setup for masquarding vs getting Windows NT setup.
So far, he's won, much to the amazement of his father.  Not surprising
for us, but Linux has been thumping the daylights out of NT.

	Now...  They are trying to get ADSL installed.  BellSouth is
insisting that they will not install an external ADSL device but must
install an internal ADSL board.  The board is a Speedster 3060 made
by "Efficient Networks, Inc." <http://www.efficient.com/>.  Their
excuse is that the ADSL gets disconnected by voice calls with external
ADSL modems.  ?????  Sounds like a ploy to duck any attempts to get Linux
on their precious ADSL lines where they might have to actually support
someone with something more sophisticated and WindBlows.

	Anyone know anything about this Speedster 3060?  Anyone know
anything about this new BellSouth policy of only installing internal
ADSL cards?

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/