[ale] Re: 115.00 fine for bouncing email to critter at wizvax.net

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Mon Nov 8 07:03:14 EST 1999

Dear fellow ALErs:

I am sending this message in outrage.  Below is an unedited copy (save for
the '>'s added by PINE) of an email I received allegedly from Eric Z.
Ayers, and I hereby publicly challenge him to appologise for, or disown,
the following email.

I understand that the job of administering a system of any sort can be a
frustrating experience, however, I feel that this sending threatening
email is not called for.

For the record, I exist.  My email may bounce occasionally as the nature
of the 'net is such that it is not 100% reliable.  Allowaces should be
made for this.  Also for the record, my boss already uses Linux, not that
that is relevant.  My connection to this list is private, through my ISP,
not through my company.  Also for the record, my ISP uses ONLY Linux, and
have done so since they opened up shop five years ago.

If this is the sort of treatment that ALE feels is appropriate of its
readers and contributors, then maybe I should find another Linux group to
participate in.  That would be a shame, because I have enjoyed the company
of ALE for the past year or so.

Regards,
Glenn C. Lasher, Jr.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
Don't Steal - The government hates competition.