[ale] 3dfx card conflict

JackM meisterj at acm.org
Wed Nov 3 00:14:40 EST 1999

1.  Check and see if you have an option for PNP aware OS in your BIOS, if so turn it OFF.

2.  A good many BIO's allow you to specify which IRQ's/DMA's are allcoated to PCI or ISA.  Some even allow dedicating a IRQ to a specific PCI slot as opposed to letting the BIOS allocate them.  Check and see.

3.  You may have to play with the order of the cards.  I believe it depends on the order of the cards, as opposed to what cards are next to each other.  You may have to try several combinations.

4.  Careful.  You may have 4 PCI slots, but many boards share resources between the last PCI slot with the adjacent ISA slot.  If you have a card in the ISA slot you may have to move it to make use of the last PCI slot.

5.  Good luck.