[ale] 3dfx card conflict

smnoldelinux at mediaone.net smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Tue Nov 2 18:50:55 EST 1999

I have a conflict with my 3dfx VooDoo3 2000 PCI and an ensoniq 1371 PCI
sound card.  Has anyone had similar problems?

And what I mean by a conflict is that the computer won't show a display
OR proceed with the memory check on boot.  It just won't boot.

The 3dfx card also has problems with a card in an adjacent slot, too.  I
can't put the 3dfx card next to my LinkSys NIC or it won't boot.  I have
only four PCI slots, so I can't skip slots in between cards.

Any ideas??

- Scott
P.S. - The card displays great when it works, I just want sound too!