[ale] odd procmail answer

Joe Bayes jbayes at occs.cs.oberlin.edu
Mon May 31 01:36:47 EDT 1999

Nick Lucent typeth:

>> Actually, what the above does is it deletes any line which contains
>> the case-insensitive pattern "reply-to:", in both the body and the
>> headers of the message.
>>
>> Are you trying to delete the entire message, or just the lines which
>> contain the offensive aol stuff? Deleting the entire message shouldn't
>> be too hard...something like
>> if (grep pattern file); then cat file >>mbox; fi
>
>the whole thing, if it has been aolised then I know its jokes and can be
>tossed. Basically im looking for a way to check the body of a message for
>some pattern (dont have any aolmail at the moment), and if found then
>delete the message, otherwise deliver as normal. does that make more sense
>than my original post? =)  I was pretty tired when I got home this
>morning. NT wasnt playing well last night =)

Oh. Heck, that's easy. Howabout:

:0 B
* ^Received:.*aol.com
/dev/null

This should grep the body for a line saying it's been received from
aol.com, and then if it finds it, dumps it in the bit bucket.

Are you sure you want to grep the body and not the headers?

I've never seen one of these aol messages, so I'm not sure if the
above will do what you want.

--joe