[ale] Sendmail and Linux 6.0

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Sun May 30 12:05:55 EDT 1999

IMO, unless you have some really unique requirements, the RH6.0 sendmail install is a pretty good choice. You should only have to edit /etc/mail/ip_allow to allow incoming messages from your intranet and your ISP; the defaults are pretty tight.

There also is/was an m4-based utility to create sendmail.cf (which is pretty unreadable) from a (very readable) sendmail.m4 input file. (m4 is a macro processor)