[ale] Slackware 4.0

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Thu May 27 08:00:31 EDT 1999

At 05:54 AM 5/27/99 EDT, you wrote:

>	I was wondering anyone uses Slackware 4.0 on here. Is it much
>better than 3.5? How much more space does it take up? If it doesn't take
>much more and is better enough, would someone be willing to burn a CD of
>it for me?

Mike;

I just downloaded from cdrom.com subdirectories a-x.  I do not have the xap
or xv subs yet.

I plan on loading it this weekend and seeing if it is an improvement.  I do
have one machine at work that I am running 4.0b on.  Seems to work fine -
e.g. it only restarts when I want it to...

Linux System Labs is taking preorders for Slackware 4.0 cdrom.  They are
$.99/disk.  You might want to point your browser at http://www.lsl.com and
place an order.

If you can't get there, let me know, and I will see about burning a disk or
getting one of the ones I ordered from lsl.com to you.

Regards - Bob Kruger