[ale] Sendmail path at web Server?

R S rsundra at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 20:48:13 EDT 1999

I havent been getting my Sendmail scripts to work, but I think I
finally narrowed it down to the path of program ..

I tried all of the snippets below and none of them worked:

$m = '/usr/local/bin/sendmail';
if (-e $m) {print "File exists at '/usr/local/bin/sendmail'\n "}
print "<BR>";
$m = '/usr/bin/sendmail';
if (-e $m) {print "File exists at '/usr/bin/sendmail' "}
print "<BR>";
$m = '/usr/lib/sendmail';
if (-e $m) {print "File exists at '/usr/lib/sendmail' "}

So I imagine it's not there at any of the usual places.  Of course my
ISP wont give me telnet and they dont seem to realize there's a problem
with their own scripts either ..

Any suggestions on where it could be hiding?
Thanks
Raj Sundra