[ale] Greetings.

robert.p.benner.1 rbenner at purdue.edu
Wed May 26 11:10:30 EDT 1999

Hi.  I'm Rob Benner, a sophomore at Purdue University, co-op at Delta Air
Lines for the summer, and a newcomer to Linux.  I found the ALE site
online and joined the list.  I've been having some problems in general
with installing and getting linux online.  First, my video card (Diamond
Monster Fusion, Banshee Chipset) isn't supported by any of the X servers,
so I can view with the VGA16 server, which isn't exactly the most
thrilling experience.  Second, I really don't have the know-how to figure
out how to get it online.  I have Bellsouth.net as my ISP.  Do they
support Linux?  Anyway, enough of my rambling.  Just didn't know if anyone
could shed some light on the subject(s).  Thanks.

Rob