[ale] ISA Ethernet: 10base T that Linuxconf recognizes

Daniel S Cox danny.cox at ecweb.com
Wed May 26 10:42:49 EDT 1999

Steve,

At 08:58 AM 5/26/1999 -0400, Steve Jones wrote:
>I am looking for recomendations for an ISA ethernet card (two actually) that
>does 10baseT and is recognized by Linuxconf in RH5.2.
>
>A pointer to a distributer (online or in the atlanta area) would also be
>appreciated.

	We just got two SMC ISA ethernet cards from the Linux General Store.
Since I didn't pick 'em up, I don't know the price, but I bet they're
cheap.  If you just have one, the kernel will detect it just fine.  If you
have two, you must tell the kernel the config values at boot time.  I used
the "append=" flag of lilo.  It worked first time, no problem.

	Have phun!

Danny