[ale] VPN's

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Tue May 25 16:08:05 EDT 1999

Assuming you can so configure the underlying ssh session...

Did you try with compression both enabled and disabled?

       Compression
              Specifies whether to use compression. The  argument
              must be "yes" or "no".

Did you try with the escape character disabled?

       EscapeChar
              Sets the escape character (default: ~).  The escape
              character can also be set on the command line.  The
              argument should be a single character, '^' followed
              by  a letter, or "none" to disable the escape char-
              acter entirely (making the  connection  transparent
              for binary data).