[ale] OS Wars the Series

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Wed May 19 11:36:01 EDT 1999

I'm a WUGNET volunteer on Compuserve (EMAILSUPPORT sysop, WINNT tech
advisor, NTSERVER tech advisor). I can NOT speak "officially" for WUGNET,
but based on exchanges with other WUGNET personnel, there is no love affair
with Microsoft; we can be just as frustrated with their policies and
actions. WUGNET's existence, in fact, is testimony to the difficulties of
the MS Windows environment. To characterize WUGNET as being biased toward
Microsoft is (IMO) grossly unfair. If you have any doubt of this, visit some
of the WUGNET forums on Compuserve.

Frankly, there are many WUGNETters (like myself) that run Linux as well as
NT (and some even OS/2), using the technology that seems most relevant to
the situation.