[ale] Another bad linux/isp scneario...

Eric Webb foobar at stargate.totalchaos.org
Wed May 19 07:53:28 EDT 1999

Well, after four days of trying to get a hold of Charter communications in
the Coweta county area, I'm going cable modem.  But I have to wait until I
build a Pentium box.

Once again, the bowels of this windows-centric world forced me to bend
over and beg for their mercy.  They basically wouldn't even speak to me
unless I had a P100+ with 16M.  This kind of precludes my 486 running
ip_masq, eh?  Oh, and forget trying to talk to a technician.  If I didn't
pass the first test, then there's no way it could possibly happen, right?

So, fuck them.  I am in the middle of building a box, and they will
install to it.  But that doesn't prevent me from re-arranging things
later.  (Maybe I should throw them a loop and have RedHat running on it
when they show up.  Ooh, I know!  Make them install it onto my '060 Amiga.
Hahahahahahahaha!)

If Charter ever expects to grow this service, they're going to have to a)
get more than one person to answer the friggin phone and b) be a little
friendlier.

Eric