[ale] Microsoft want to know it...

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Sat May 15 13:40:43 EDT 1999

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Eric Webb wrote:

> > http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/news/msnw/nt4vLinux.asp
> >
> > I don4t know what to say about this site...
> > ... do they really think they4ve got a chance against a good  installed
> > and tuned Linux-System???
>
> I think someone needs to address thier little comparison chart...
>
> I still recommend a situation where both parties prepare their own
> hardware/software given a set of rules, then bring it in and test.  (This
> is now sort of what's going on.)  One could even argue towards allowing
> different hardware (with the same numbers).
>
> And, I recommend this be a yearly contest or something... a war of the
> OSes.  That ought to spark some good competition and public awareness.

I would propose using a hardware budget instead of similar numbers.  That
way, if one party wanted to run intel and another wanted to run alpha,
they could do this.  The advantage here is that a corporate end-user is
going to be most interested in price-for-performance.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
US Troops out of Kosovo NOW!