[ale] Apache load balancing?

Eric Webb foobar at stargate.totalchaos.org
Sat May 15 12:46:03 EDT 1999

> >I'm wondering if there's a way to set up Apache so that it could
> >perform load balancing between the two resulting analog uplinks (one being
> >my current analog ISP, the other being my broadband analog uplink).
>
> I don't know about apache, but there's an option for serial line load
> balancing support in the kernel; you might want to take a look at
> that.

Actually, that's not going to help.  My two services are different
providers, different IPs, different networks, etc.  So, the smarts would
have to be in Apache so that it would modify outgoing HTML and imbed an
appropriate IP for the line with the next-lowest traffic.

However, I think some sites do that via DNS resolution of the "www.."
address.  It might still be possible to get Apache to do that, though, via
redirection.

Anyone?

Eric