[ale] In Search of a Linux Friendly ISP

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon May 10 12:54:00 EDT 1999

"Michael D. Ivey" wrote:

> On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 11:36:50AM +0000, Wandered Inn wrote:
> > I've recommended Atlnet (http://www.atlnet.com/) a number of times in
> > the past, and would continue to do so.  My connectivity has been rock
>
> In fact, I've seen the recommendation several times.  Since this is
> such a FAQ, what about a listing on the ALE page of which ISPs ALE
> recommends?  Might save a bit of bandwidth on the list.  I know I'd
> seen the discussion 5 or 6 times, but never paid attention...until I
> needed to switch ISPs.  =)

Well, this is my recommendation, not ALEs, but I think your suggestion
is a good idea.

> > They are very Linux friendly shop and they offer ADSL, ISDN and analog.
> > I've got a dedicated IP.  The support has been fantastic.
>
> They never called me back about pricing or availability.

That's unfortunate, and certainly does not reflect my experiences.  I've
had a number of dealings with them, changing services as well as
assisting two other folks with getting access.  Every dealing I've had
with them has been superb.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl