[ale] Re:

Glenn R. Stone gstone at mediaone.net
Mon May 10 19:31:40 EDT 1999

Nick Lucent wrote:

> I use an ATI card, but I dont recommend it, it works, but they arent
> "linux friendly". At home I use a 17" Mitsubishi Diamond Scan 70 that I
> am really happy with. At work I use a 19 or 21" HP something or other that
> is also nice if you want to spend that much =)

Aroo?  I have an ATI Rage II AGP card, works fine with Linux and the Mach64
server.... similar PCI card at work does well with both Linux and Winders....

I like the Viewsonic EA1771(?) 17" monitors we have at work... verra nice,
will drive 1280x1024 without breathing hard... I use'em at 1024x768  just
because any smaller and I can't read the fonts... :)

--gs