[ale] In Search of a Linux Friendly ISP

UnderGrid Founder undrgrid at undergrid.net
Mon May 10 14:46:00 EDT 1999

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

Michael D. Ivey decided to waste my bandwidth saying:
> On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 11:36:50AM +0000, Wandered Inn wrote:
> > I've recommended Atlnet (http://www.atlnet.com/) a number of times in
> > the past, and would continue to do so.  My connectivity has been rock
>=20
> In fact, I've seen the recommendation several times.  Since this is
> such a FAQ, what about a listing on the ALE page of which ISPs ALE
> recommends?  Might save a bit of bandwidth on the list.  I know I'd
> seen the discussion 5 or 6 times, but never paid attention...until I
> needed to switch ISPs.  =3D)
>=20

	This might just be a good idea... 'specially if you would include
hacks/kludges necessary for those that aren't necessarily "Linux Friendly"
but more workable with Linux... Just since the first of the year I can=20
recall atleast 3 occurances of this very same thread...

> > They are very Linux friendly shop and they offer ADSL, ISDN and analog.=
=20
> > I've got a dedicated IP.  The support has been fantastic.
>=20
> They never called me back about pricing or availability.
>=20
	I'm quite shock'd to hear this... I've never had any problems with
anyone from AtlNet... In fact Todd there at AtlNet actually remember'd when
I sign'd up for the dedicated v.90 connection that I had express'd an inter=
rest
in ADSL and when he got a hold of the availibility database ran my number
through and call'd me with the results... When I sign'd up he had my subnet
and static IP ready to go by the time I made it home so all I did was recon=
fig
the dial-up number and HUP'd pppd... I never misss'd a beat...

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse

--=20
,--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
---,
| Jeremy T. Bouse  -  UnderGrid Network Services, LLC  -   www.UnderGrid.ne=
t  |
|     PGP ID/Fingerprint: 1024/E83D9AE5/4ACC03F098D78198 19D0593E50E597E9  =
   |
|   Public PGP key available by sending email with 'send pgpkey' in subject=
   |
| undrgrid at UnderGrid.net  -  NIC Whois: JB5713  -  Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.n=
et |
| If life is merely a joke, the question still remains: for whose amusement=
?  |
---'

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--